If you don't have time for your health today, you wont have health for your time tomorrow.
This quote perfectly sums up life, don't you think?
You are here, you really need self-care and you need it as soon as possible.
Not tomorrow, not next week, today is the best day to start doing something good for your physical and mental health.
Contrary to popular belief, self care doesn't need to be expensive.
It's not all about luxurious spas, gold face masks or only eating organic food.
Not to say that this is not good for you, by all means if that's your thing and you have the means, go wild!
But as it happens in life, simple is sometimes the best way.
And if you love yourself and your body, you should at least start by practicing some simple steps.
Ah, and sorry to say this, but I don't have time is not a reasonable excuse.
If you don't have 1 hour just for yourself daily, than you need to change something in your life for sure.
Here is a simple list of things you could do starting TODAY.
- Move your body daily, and not only from house to car, car to office and vice versa. (taking the stairs, walking, running, stretching, doing yoga, to name just a few activities)
- Spend time in nature, not only indoors (it will help you reconnect with yourself)
- Meditate (it's amazing for your overall wellness, just try it)
- Stay hydrated (more water and tea, less sugary drinks)
- Eat more fruit and vegetable based food (you know this already, just do it because it's not hard)
- Have a cold shower (no joke here, frequent exposure to cold is linked to a number of different health benefits. Ask Google if you don't believe us 😀)
- Leave your phone in another room for at least 1 hour (it's crazy hard, but it's worth it)
- Read a book (investing in your personal development will take you one step further)
- Sleep more and regularly (chaotic sleeping patterns work against your recovery and health)
What would you add to the list? What are some of the things you do for your health and wellness?